Wednesday, June 27, 2007

reciprocation sleep but i can't get a wink

flesh on flesh
is that what it is to be free
tied to another pulsating body
connected at the seams
i've never felt it
thought i did, tried to believe i was in it
but it was all just a wishful dream
you weren't the one for me
as mush as i needed it
bedrooms filled with silent heartache
silence isn't the answer
but it was sacred to me
i'll never forget it but you have
that knotted feeling in my belly
left me broke down begging for change
that feeling is dead now
conjured up in no one
doomed to wander searching for that dream
but it won't matter
my indifference stops the nerves from firing
lying down in an icy grave
searching for a light
you walk on with no remorse
but i can't shake you off
he was the bastard that broke off the marriage of minds
laugh now you won the war
surrendered i look on and wish for what once was
you aren't ugly to me through the bullet holes
no, your beauty is locked in a box
passed along through those girls
it's not mine no, it never was
but i gave up my postage to get you along
ride on to the sun
it's where you belong
but it would be nice if you could give me back
what is mine
your heart undeserving of my soul
and make me swear to keep it to me

No comments: